As I mentioned here, one of the most important things in order to be successful when working online (or with anything really), is reading. You can keep up with trends in your industry, learn a new skill, or just read your favorite novel (not relate to working online, but you’ve got to have a little fun, right?) The only issue is, who has the time or money to find all these books? Sure, you can download them to your tablet, but you’ve still got to whip out the credit card for every new book you select, right?
I love to read and I’m reading in my spare time every chance that I get. I read anywhere from 2 to 10 books in any give month. If I’m looking for a book on improving my business, I download it. Want something on improving my parenting skills (I need help, don’t judge me) I can find that too. The latest best seller. Absolutely! Kindle Unlimited has been such a lifesaver for me. It’s also become my go-to place for bedtime stories and other stuff for the kids to read.
What is Kindle Unlimited?
Amazon has created a platform that allows readers to have access to more than 1 million book titles in just about any genre that you can imagine.
You can listen to many of the books you select. So no matter where you are you can still “read” your book. In the car, the grocery store, or even standing in line at the DMV (and who doesn’t need a distraction from that wonderful place?).
- Access to over 1 million books on any device you choose. You have an entire library right in your hand.
- The ability to sync your place across any device. So if you were reading on your phone, you can get to the same spot on your tablet or computer without searching.
- There are no limits to the number of books you can read each month. You can read 2 books or 200 books. It’s all at the same price.
- You don’t read a lot you might not find the platform to be cost effective
- If you sign up through Amazon.com, Kindle Unlimited is currently only available in the United States. If you live in Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, or the UK, you can sign up through your local Amazon marketplace. Amazon is continuing to work to expand this platform in other countries.
Kindle Unlimited is currently $9.99 per month. You can click below to sign up for a 30-day free trial to decide whether or not it works for you.
Wait…Is there a Business Opportunity Here That You Can Start?
Sure. If you’re an avid reader and like to create book reviews, why not use Kindle Unlimited as the source for your topics? You can research the books you want online, learn what others have had to say about the book and decide if you’d like to create a review for your audience or simply leave a review on Amazon’s site.
This could be an inexpensive way to get your business off the ground without going to the library. It’s a business you can do from anywhere since you’ll always have your books with you no matter where you might be. Now reading your favorite book on the beach can be considered market research.
If book reviews aren’t for you, but you’d like to learn more about how you can start your business online, read more here.
Do I Recommend Kindle Unlimited?
Yes. Whether you are reading for business or pleasure, Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited gives you access to more books than you could possibly read in this lifetime.
Do you have any experience with Amazon Kindly Unlimited? Please share your thoughts with us on how it’s working for you.
If you’d like to take advantage of the 30-day free trial, please feel free to sign up below.